Keeping a simple hummus on hand, along with some sliced veggies, gives me an easy, go-to afternoon snack.
You can enjoy this plain, or spice it up for the season! Some combinations I enjoy are:
The first step is optional, but warming the chickpeas in boiling water for a couple of minutes gives you a fluffy, decadent texture!
- 2 cans (15.5 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- Garnish with pine nuts, fresh herbs, olive oil, and/or smoked paprika
- Optional: Warm the chickpeas in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, and drain.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth. You may need to add a touch more water to get the consistency you want.
- Allow to process so its smooth and whipped.