As much as I love a garden-fresh salsa, we also love preparing this "year-round" recipe for our guests using canned tomatoes. Not only is it super easy, but it also tastes wonderful and makes a great snack any time of the year.
You will often find this at our Sunday Gratitude Brunch, served with our Veggie Frittata and Breakfast Potatoes.
- 2-14.5 oz cans of fire-roasted tomatoes
- ¼ roasted, deveined, deseeded jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 heaping TBSP chopped white onions
- 6 sprigs of Cilantro
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- For a thicker consistency, drain the canned tomatoes very well. For a thinner consistency, drain off some of the excess juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and process to your desired consistency.
- Chill and serve.
- Store in an airtight jar or container, up to five days.
Tip to Reduce Food Waste
If you made more salsa than you can eat, freeze the leftovers in a plastic container and use in your next batch of Chicken and Veggie Tortilla Soup.