I've always been a chocolate lover - for those of y'all that don't like chocolate (like my ex) - I love you but I don't get it! As I've gotten older my taste buds have matured (or just gotten older!) and I prefer dark chocolate over milk every time. I made this hot fudge last year when I made Nina her annual birthday ice cream pie. In the past, I've used the jarred stuff from the store, but decided to give homemade a try. So glad I did! Nina and Spencer loved the pie, but their favorite was the fudge sauce. This year I made myself some for my birthday - because - life! I knew I deserved it. So good with ice cream, fresh fruit or the old fashioned way - on your finger. This recipe is for those of you who share my addiction or those who want to come over to the dark side. Enjoy!
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 3/4 cup extra dark cocoa powder (or regular)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Melt butter in heavy duty pan.
- Add sugar, cocoa and cream stirring well.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon (or other flavoring).
- Remove cream from heat.
- Store in glass jar in refrigerator.
- Makes two cups.
- Heat in microwave for 10 seconds at a time.
- Take care to not overheat, it burns easily.