Jenn came up with the original Peach Cobbler Oatmeal, but I tweaked it a bit. For some reason, I can never prepare a recipe the way it's written. The guests loved it! You could technically leave off the maple syrup especially if the peaches are ripe and juicy. Eat it warm or cold - it's delicious either way!
- 3 c rolled oats
- 1T ground cinnamon
- 1 T cardamom
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups milk (or substitute coconut or almond mild for dairy free)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 peaches - ripe to overripe - cut into pieces
- Bring water, milk and oats to boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Add rest of ingredients, except for peaches
- Remove from heat and add peaches.