I'm a big fan of a yummy hash brown casserole. And an even bigger fan of easy recipes. This recipe is my healthy take on traditional hash brown casseroles. Our guests have been enjoying this as part of Gratitude Sunday Brunch. Hope you enjoy as much as my family does!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 Small Yellow Onion finely diced
- 32 oz of frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 small can of chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup milk or cream (depending on the decadence level you prefer)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or leave out, if you don't want a little bit of a kick)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or pepper jack
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil or butter in skillet.
- Sautee onion until soft.
- Add hash browns and cook until thawed.
- Add green chilis and spices.
- Add milk and yogurt stirring until absorbed.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour into greased 9x13 glass baking dish
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes - adding more cheese on top during last five minutes of baking - if you like it extra decadent.