My recent Cooking Class at Central Market was focused on all of the wonderful things you can do with chocolate. While I didn’t care for the Chocolate Marinara Sauce, it doesn't even sound good! I loved the Chocolate Chunk with Cherry Biscotti, the Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Almonds, but my favorite was the Chocolate Truffles. So decadent!
If you're feeling adventurous, you can replace the cinnamon and/or vanilla with fresh mint, almond extract, reduced red wine, dried berries, etc.
- 2 10-oz bags of 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips (like Ghirardelli)
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat cream to simmer.
- Add vanilla and 1 tsp cinnamon (or other flavoring).
- Remove cream from heat.
- Add chocolate to cream and stir.
- Allow chocolate to set two hours in refrigerator.
- Scoop out with a spoon and roll into balls with your hands. (This is the tricky - and messy - part!)
- Chill overnight.
- Roll in a mixture of the cocoa powder and remaining cinnamon.
These are so rich, you won't be tempted to eat them all. And perfect for a Mindful Eating Exercise. Enjoy!