My recent Cooking Class at Central Market was focused on all of the wonderful things you can do with chocolate. While I didn’t care for the Chocolate Marinara Sauce, it doesn't even sound good! I loved the Chocolate Chunk with Cherry Biscotti, the Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Almonds, but my favorite was the Chocolate Truffles. So decadent!
- 2 Bags of Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Fresh mint
- Almond extract
- 1 cup of Red Wine (cooked down)
- Any of these ingredients can be used in place of the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Heat cream to simmer.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon (or other flavoring).
- Remove cream from heat.
- Add chocolate to cream and stir.
- Allow chocolate to set two hours in refrigerator.
- Scoop out with a spoon and roll into balls with your hands. (This is the tricky - and messy - part!)
- Chill overnight.
- Roll into mixture of 3 tbsp cocoa powder with 1 tsp cinnamon.
These are so rich, you won't be tempted to eat them all. And perfect for a Mindful Eating Exercise. Enjoy!