Breakfast really is one of the most important meals of the day. It starts your engine, fuels your body and mind. What better way to start your day than with a delicious baked carrot cake oatmeal? This recipe is a tasty way to get a healthy balance of carbs & protein. The ginger and cinnamon have so many great benefits, one of which is that they lower blood sugar so you don’t have a crash before lunchtime. This recipe can be shared with friends or even baked ahead of time for those mornings when you are short on time but not on appetite.
- 3 ⅓ c rolled oats
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1T ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 ¼ c organic carrots, peeled and grated (about 3-4ea)
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated (or 1/2tsp ground ginger)
- 3 ⅓ c non-dairy milk (coconut or almond)
- ¾ c medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ c maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease an 8x11 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- In another bowl, mix non dairy milk, dates, maple syrup & vanilla extract using an immersion blender to combine.
- Using a spatula, stir carrot & ginger into wet mix.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and use spatula to press and smooth down the oatmeal.
- Bake uncovered for 32-38minutes or until golden around the edge. It will look soft/wet when ready but firms up once it cools.