I love the season of Fall: the cooler weather, the changing colors of the trees and especially Fall Dishes – soups, stews and and any recipe that uses the produce of the season.
These roasted veggies are heavenly. And so simple to make. When I make these at home, I add sweet potatoes or red potatoes.
At the retreat, this is part of our Friday dinner – served with Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and of course our Homemade Rustic Rosemary Bread.
- 10 carrots cut into coins
- 1 container baby portabello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Yellow Onions, chopped
- 1 large butternut squash, cubed
- 5 Cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Wash and chop veggies.
- Place all veggies on roasting pan.
- Leave rosemary stalk intact and place in pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Roast at 450 for 30 (check for doneness) to 40 minutes.
- Stir halfway through,
- After roasting, remove rosemary stalks, but leave rosemary leaves.
- Sprinkle with a bit of balsamic vinegar to enhance the flavor.
These are a nice addition to your Thanksgiving meal. But also easy enough to make on a weeknight. They reheat well, so don’t be afraid to make too much! Enjoy!