I love soups, especially as the weather is cool and a bowl of soup feels like a hug from the inside. This soup was created by Kaycee who is also our in house baker. We've tweaked it a little bit - adding more veggies and chicken. You can add even more vegetables and make it vegetarian.
This also works with Thanksgiving leftovers. Leftover sweet potatoes plus use turkey instead of chicken.
This recipe will make a pretty big batch, which is perfect if you're wanting to make warm and hearty lunches for the week.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Zucchini, diced
- 3 Multi-colored Peppers, chunks
- 1 large onion, chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups Chicken or Veggie Stock
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- ¼ cup cilantro + garnish, chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Lime, juiced + 2 sliced for garnish
- 1 sm red onion, fine chop for garnish
- 2-3 Avocados, diced for garnish
- Scallions-garnish with
- 2 cups chicken (or make it vegetarian)
- Sweet Potatoes: If not using leftovers, bring broth & sweet potatoes to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender. Using an immersion blender, blend potatoes and broth just until thick leaving a few chunks of potatoes.
- Saute peppers, onions, garlic & zucchini in 1 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil.
- When tender, add cooked chicken & season with spices, salt & pepper.
- Stir to combine and let saute for 5 mins more.
- Add Veggie & Chicken mixture to the Potato broth.
- Let simmer for at least 10 mins to allow flavors to mix.
- Right before serving stir in cilantro & lime Juice. Taste and add Salt if needed.
Serve with chopped cilantro, lime slices, chunked avocados & chopped onion on the side. Enjoy with crunchy bread or my favorite, tortilla chips.