This recipe is the perfect curry for the person who doesn't like curry. Many of our guests have told me they didn't like curry until they tried mine. I love to serve this with a slice of my Jalapeno Cheddar Bread (Theresa's favorite too). I use the bread to sop up every bit of deliciousness! You can make it vegetarian and use other vegetables you have on hand. My family loves this hearty meal after a long day at work or school.
Chicken and Veggie Curry
- 2 T Olive oil or Coconut oil
- 2 T fresh ginger - minced
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 T minced fresh jalapeno
- 2 Garlic cloves - minced
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 t salt & pepper
- 2 c. chicken or veggie broth
- 3 sweet potatoes - peeled and chopped
- 2 c. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 c red or yellow bell peppers - chopped
- ½ lg package mushrooms
- 2 c. chicken
- 3 cans coconut milk (well shaken)
- White or brown rice for serving.
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add onion, ginger, jalapeno & garlic saute until tender.
- Add the curry powder & saute another 30 sec.
- Pour in broth and scrape bottom and side of pan to loosen any browned bits.
- Add the potatoes & green beans
- Cook until potatoes are barely tender.
- Saute the peppers & mushrooms with salt & pepper.
- Add to pot of curry along with chicken and coconut milk.
- Let simmer on low for 10 mins then taste sauce and add salt as needed
- Serve with White or Brown Rice.
This tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had a chance to meld.