This recipe is like a baked cinnamon roll meets pound cake meets craveable pastry that is perfect for breakfast or afternoon treat.
While the ingredient list might seem overwhelming, it is very much worth the effort. Plus it freezes well. Take out a piece and warm it up anytime the craving strikes. I hope you enjoy!
- 6 oz butter, softened at room temperature
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 c + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1c + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each: sea salt, ground ginger and cardamom
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp allspice and clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz butter, cold & cubed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line loaf pan with parchment and pan spray.
- In a mixer with paddle, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine eggs & vanilla separately.
- Add to butter/sugar mixture 3 eggs at a time, scraping between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt, & dried spices.
- Add to wet mix in mixing bowl and scrape down to fully incorporate until smooth, careful not to overmix.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl with paddle.
- Add cubed butter until pea sized crumbs form.
- Add 1c Loaf mix to prepared mini loaf pans, use a spatula to gently even the top. Sprinkle with 3T Streusel topping.
- Bake on a sheet tray uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Should be able to gently insert a toothpick into the center and it be clean upon removal.
- Pull and cool completely at room temperature.
- Gently flip from loaf pans and wrap with two layers of plastic and freeze.
Makes four loaves - eight slices each.