Tomatoes are one of my favorite summer foods, and this herb-packed salad lives up to its name because it tastes like summer! The recipe that inspired this dish suggested using one of the herbs, but I prefer to use all four: basil, cilantro, dill, and parsley. It’s very tasty!
Summer Tomato Salad Ingredients
- 1 small or 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds of on-the-vine tomatoes
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs: basil, cilantro, dill, and parsley
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Prepare in 10 Minutes
- Place the onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Dice tomatoes into ½-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add the herbs, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the onions and add to the bowl.
- Toss to combine and let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Tips to Reduce Food Waste
Combine any Summer Tomato Salad leftovers with Sunshine Pasta to enjoy a flavorful pasta salad!