Warm Spiced Fruit
This simple recipe is perfect for a variety of dishes. The cinnamon and nutmeg combined with the apples and pears makes for the ideal warm and tasty treat. This dish is great served at breakfast or as the perfect compliment to your favorite dinner entree. It could also be served as a dessert, spooned over a bowl of vanilla ice cream. So easy and delicious.
We serve it with our Ayurvedic Steel Cut Oatmeal for a warm and filling breakfast at the retreat. Use your choice of apples. I recommend going organic if you leave the skins on. For extra deliciousness and health benefits, add a cup of chopped nuts of your choice. I top my Oatmeal and Fruit with East Texas pecans.
- 10 apples or 5 apples and 5 pears
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 TBSP nutmeg
- Dice apples/pears into medium pieces.
- Saute over low heat in one TBSP coconut oil.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Cook on medium low for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.