Pineapple Chicken Tacos with Tropical Mango Salsa
My favorite summer activity is putting on some Reggae music while sitting on my back deck with a refreshing beverage, feeling the breeze, and pretending I’m relaxing on a tropical island somewhere. Unfortunately, summer in Texas feels nothing like the tropics and the beach is miles away!
Morgan created our Mango Tropical Salsa recipe to accompany our Pineapple Chicken Tacos and Mexican Street Corn for Saturday dinner. These recipes are simple to prepare and can be prepared a day ahead of time for ease of serving. Pineapple is delicious, refreshing and full of health benefits.
If you can’t make it to the tropics this summer, we’ll bring the tropics to you when you join us for a retreat. Or try this at home and you’ll feel like you’re swaying in a hammock under the palm trees!
Pineapple Chicken Tacos
- 2 TBSP Butter or Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 Medium Lemons, juiced
- ½ cup water
- 2 TBS Smoked Paprika
- ½ TSP Cayenne
- 1 TBS Pepper & Salt
- 1 Pineapple, diced
- ½ Cup Mango Juice
- Heat oil and garlic on medium low until garlic browns.
- Add lemon juice, mango, pineapple, and spices to a pan, heat on medium until the pineapple is soft.
- Add water as needed to keep moist.
- Add chicken to the pineapple mixture and heat on low until warmed through.
Serve as filling for tacos or top a bowl of spring mix and add the tropical salsa for even more deliciousness.
Tropical Mango Salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple (diced)
- 1 Mango (seeded and diced)
- ¼ Cup Red Onion (minced)
- 4 TBS Cilantro
- 3 TBS Lime Juice
- 1 TBS Jalapeno (minced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 TBS Rice Vinegar
- Pulse garlic, lime, cilantro, jalapeno and vinegar in food processor.
- Mix pineapple, mango, and onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir food processor blend into the mixing bowl.
Let chill in refrigerator several hours before serving or better yet prepare the night before to let the flavors meld together. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or add as a condiment to tacos.