Chicken & Vegetable Curry
If you’re intimidated by making more exotic dishes, fear not! This Curry recipe is simple and delicious, and only requires a few obscure ingredients. Our guest love this curry. It’s on our fall/winter menu. Enjoy it at a Upcoming Retreats.
Oh, and if you like cooking (or even if you think you don’t like cooking), I highly recommend the article Why I Cook, written by Dr. Andrew Weil.
- 2 Tbl Olive oil or Coconut oil
- 2 Tbl fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 Tbl minced fresh jalapeno
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbl curry powder
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 4 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 c carrots, chopped
- 2 c fresh or frozen green beans, chopped
- 2 c sweet or bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lg package mushrooms
- 4 cups of cooked or roasted chicken
- 3 cans coconut milk or 2 cans coconut cream (well shaken)
- 1.5 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- Heat oil in large pan. Add onion, ginger, jalapeno & garlic saute until tender.
- Add the curry powder & saute another 30 sec.
- Pour in the Chicken broth and scrape bottom and side of pan to loosen any browned bits.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, green beans & salt.
- Cook until potatoes are barely tender.
- Meanwhile, saute the peppers & mushrooms with salt & pepper.
- Add to pot of curry along with chicken and coconut milk.
- Let simmer on low for 10 mins then taste sauce and add salt as needed.
- Serve with Brown Rice.