A vacation rental to meet all of your needs, Retreat in the Pines comfortably sleeps 16. Two log cabins with all modern amenities are secluded on 30 acres of trees. Grocery shopping, antique stores, restaurants and recreational activities are close by.
Book your stay today!
The main house has three bedrooms and sleeps nine with two full baths.
- Wake up to breathtaking views of the sunrise in the secluded upstairs master bedroom (with full bathroom).
- Sleep comfortably-two downstairs bedrooms have twin beds and share a full bathroom.
- Gather around the beautiful stone fireplace in the great room-a perfect place for visiting.
- Enjoy a full kitchen, stocked with everything needed to make meals at home.
- Share meals at the large dining table that seats 16
- Stay connected & entertained with wireless internet, satellite TV, and a DVD player.
The guest house has one bedroom and one full bath and can sleep seven.
- Sleeping options include: bunk beds (in bedroom), a queen futon and a trundle bed.
- Full kitchen
- Dining table and barstools allow seating for six
- Living area with futon
Yoga and Exercise Studio
With convenient outdoor stair access, the Yoga Studio is located on the second story of the guest house and looks out on nature in all directions. Enjoy the spectacular view from the Serenity Deck alone or combine the spaces by opening the french doors that lead to the studio.
- Studio is perfect for yoga, exercise classes, group activities, workshops, or additional sleeping space
- Convenient half bath
- Prop closet with bolsters, blankets, mats, blocks, and straps
- Additional charge to use the studio (when not booking specifically for a retreat)
Enjoy an awe inspiring view of nature from one of the four porches or the Serenity Deck. Escape to the hammock in the trees to enjoy a secluded spot to relax. There is a basketball hoop, several bicycles and a tree house perfect for the younger visitors.
The Choice is Yours
Escape to the beautiful piney woods of East Texas! Retreat in the Pines is the perfect setting for family, corporate, or group gatherings.
- Check out the photo gallery for a closer look
- Book your vacation rental
- Register for one of our current yoga retreats
- Contact us about leading your own retreat
- Contact us to reserve Retreat in the Pines for your wedding
- View the accommodations handout (PDF)
“We had a wonderful time, and I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed my week in the Pines. Even with all the family here (there was a whole lot of food, fellowship, and family) I managed 10 minutes in the hammock out back and about 4 hour long hikes down the lane.”
Eileen, West TX, Christmas 2012
“My family & I stayed in the main house. It was very comfortable and spacious. The modern conveniences including dishwasher, washer/dryer and DirectTV, were so nice to have. Theresa pays great attention to detail, which made for a very pleasant stay. There was a great fireplace, but the weather was so nice we didn’t have to use it. The grounds are lovely too. It’s a great place to enjoy outdoor activities.”
Becky, McKinney, TX, February 2011
“Our extended family was looking for a place large enough to accommodate all of us to gather to celebrate Thanksgiving that was in reasonable travel distance. We found the Retreat in the Pines to perfectly meet our needs. Everything was just as our host said it would be and we were welcomed by some extras like snacks, tea and coffee. We thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations!”
Rebecca, Madison, MS, November 2010